The traditional choice for fish and chips is cod, a large fish that lives in cold water and is valued for its dense but flaky meat.
- It’s a popular choice for a good reason: cod fillets have a wonderfully delicate taste and are also highly adaptable.
- Here we have a pair of square-shaped fillets of cod that are perfect for two people as a main dish. You can easily fry or roast these pieces of cod for a delicious meal.
- As Cod stocks have moved North, Cornwall now has less fish supplies than before. Therefore, we get our Cod from the North Sea. We believe that the Scottish and Norwegian Cod stocks are in much better condition and produce high-quality fish.
- Our trusted suppliers only select the best fish from sustainable fisheries based on the season and time of the year.
- Cod is an excellent source of lean protein and vitamin B. It is available from January to October and is versatile in a range of recipes.
Please be aware that occasionally, due to market conditions or adverse weather conditions, we may need to use frozen fish which might arrive partially defrosted.
The pictures provided are for illustrative purposes and serving suggestions only.
Fresh fish is best eaten immediately or within 3 days.
Sometimes, this product may be sent frozen and defrost while being delivered. As a result, it might not be appropriate for freezing at home.
Keep it in your fridge and add ice if necessary.
If you wish to freeze it, put the fish directly into your freezer after receiving it and try to consume it within 3 months.
TIP: Before freezing, write the date on the packaging.
After defrosting, do not refreeze your fish.
Nutritional information (per 100g)
Allergy information: contains Fish.
This product has been handled on a site that handles fish, mollusc, crustation, mustard, egg and gluten.
Storage: must be kept refrigerated. Full information available on product labelling.
We do our best to ensure that the details of the products presented on our website are exact. That said, we recommend you to refer to the product labelling and not solely count on the information displayed on our website. Nevertheless, we want to notify you that recipe adjustments may occur, which could impact the nutritional or allergen information offered. That said, we recommend you to refer to the product labelling and not solely count on the information displayed on our website. Here at the Cornish Fishmonger, we are dedicated to giving our customers top-quality goods and reliable details to assist them in making informed choices when buying.
Kcal 75 per 100g
Protein 17.5g per 100g
Carbohydrates 0g per 100g
Sugars 0g per 100g
Fat 0.6g per 100g
Saturates 0.16g per 100g
Salt 91mg per 100g
Warning Contains Fish
Latin Name Gadus Morhua
Sea area North East Atlantic
Sub area 4a,4b,6a,6b2,6b1